Wyatt can now reach for things and grab them. He also recognizes his name and responds to Mark's, and my voice. He holds his head up nice and strong, and I am happy to report that it does not tilt to one side anymore. His head also does not wobble, and he is weighing in at about 17 pounds (Our 4-month check-up isn't until next week, so we can't be sure) He is alert and happy most of the time. He still isn't happy about sitting in his high chair. Mark and I have tried to institute family dinners, so we place him in his high chair while we eat, but he will only last about 5 minutes.
We have also started him on 8 ounces of formula every 4 hours, and he does not like to go more than 3 hours in between feedings, so it has been very challenging. His hair is growing in very thick, and he is simply a gorgeous child (sorry, I know I am biased!) He has been trying to roll over, and has made it on his side, but has not rolled all the way over yet. I have heard that bigger babies are slower to hit their milestones, and so far this is proving to be true with Wyatt. I am preatty sure most 4-month olds have rolled over already. That's okay by me- I love my laid-back child. He is so, so sweet and loveable.
We will be tailgating with some college friends this weekend, so our little guy will finally be able to meet Cat and Mary. He has met Kacey several times, but I am sure she will welcome the practice... he is quite the handful.
Wyatt will be baptised on December 14th, and we are most excited about this. His Grandma Olis is making him a special christening outfit.
We love our precious, precious baby boy. He is the light of my life, and the best part of my day... well except for my sweet husband of course. We make a good team :)
1 comment:
What a sweet, smart boy you've got!!! We can't wait to meet him! He'll be able to teach Will all the tricks of the trade :). Just an idea...my friend puts her son on the dinner table in his bumbo when they eat. He doesn't seem to mind, and lasts through dinner and then watches her do the dishes! Hope you're great!
Post a Comment