Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Wyatt is almost here!

Well I had my doctor's appt. this morning, and it went about like I thought it would. I have barely dialated 1/2 cm, if not even that so it brings my total to under 1 1/2 cm. Not enough to be induced this week- but he did schedule it for next Thursday, July 10. Two days after his due date. I can make it that long. I am working through next Tuesday, since we have to check into the hospital Wednesday evening. Of course, a miracle could happen and he could decide to come before then, but somehow, I doubt it.

I can't believe that in less than 10 days I will be a mom. WOW. That makes me really nervous to think about it. I will have another human life completely dependent upon me. Amazing stuff. And this 4th of July Holiday weekend will be the last weekend that Mark and I are not parents- for the rest of our lives- Whoa. That is a lot to take in.

I have a list of things I would like to get done before heading to the hospital:

1. Make the Barefoot Contessa's Provencial Stuffed Tomatoes that I make every summer, from the tomatoes we have in our garden.

2. Have my car cleaned inside and out

3. Do a final sweep of the house- I deep-cleaned all day on Friday, but I would like to do a final once-over, and especially to wash all the sheets and vacuum, and dust again...

4. have Mark install his car seat base in his car (we have done mine, and had it checked, but he hasn't installed his yet...) Also, have him take it to the fire station to be checked.

5. Head to the pool to get some last minute R&R and sun...might be the last time for awhile!

6. Get a pedicure

7. Stock the fridge with easy-to-make frozen foods, like pizza, lasagna, ect...

Am I forgetting anything??

3 comments:

LB said...

welcome to the world in just a few days, Wyatt!!

I think your list looks good. hopefully you can fit it all in. I say prioritize. Frozen meals are definitely a must. Do you have anyone bringing you meals? And enjoy your last weekend with no children. Life is about to change!! yea, I am so excited for you!!

Rachel said...

Yes, we are very blessed to have a wonderful Sunday school class who takes turns bringing meals- what a blessing! Thanks for all your advice LB... it has really helped!

Kathy said...

Your hospital bag is probably already packed... but just in case I thought I'd mention it :).