We are home!! I went into labor Saturday night, around 11:30, and Wyatt was born at 8:42 a.m. Sunday morning. He came so fast!! I guess when he decided to come, he didn't mess around. It started when I woke up and had Mark start timing my contractions... they were only 4 minutes apart and lasted at least a minute each, so we immediately called the hospital, and they told us to come in right away. Of course, I had to mop the kitchen floor first! No, I am not even kidding- I literally could not leave the house until I mopped the kitchen floor- so there I was at 1 a.m. leaned over a mop with contractions and my husband waiting with my hopsital bag at the door! Anyways, we get to the hospital around 1 and I find out that my cervix is paper thin and I am 1 cm. dialated. I labored for another 2 hours until I was at 4 cm. and ready for an epidural. I thought I was going to die my contractions were getting so painful. After the epidural I was in heaven!! He came at 8:42 a.m. and weighted 8 pounds 2 ounces. We got home from the hospital yesterday, and have been enjoying our little angel. He has such a sweet disposition and is a calm, content baby. We adore him! Mark has turned into Super Dad, and has been such a HUGE help- I don't know what I would do without him!!
4 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS MOMMY & DADDY!!! He is such a handsome little guy! Everyone here wishes you well... Too funny that you seriously mopped...
oh he is so, so cute, Rachel!! Wow. Congratulations!! Aren't you so excited to be on this side of things? Wow. I can't wait to hear stories about the next few weeks. I have so many questions, how was labor? Is he nursing okay? How is he sleeping? etc. etc. He is just precious. I love all of his hair, and his little tiny fists.
It's so funny that you went into labor the day before you were scheduled to be induced. Good timing, Wyatt!
I am so glad you got to experience the whole labor thing without being induced (not that I minded being induced but that had to be so exciting!) He is precious! What a wonderfully big boy! I have the same questions as lb so I cannot wait to hear how things are going! Happy Birthday Wyatt! and Congratulations!
Post a Comment