Well... it has been quite a week, I am pumping, feeding, changing like crazy. Thank goodness we have had a huge amount of help from Mark's mom and family this week- I never realized how exhausting taking care of a newborn is- and apparently we have it easy, since he is such a calm baby. For all of those mothers out there- how do you survive 3-4 hour feedings during the night? I would have never made it without Mark's mom this week- she is such an angel and got up with the baby for two nights in a row, so that we could get some sleep- we have had him in his crib every night but it is hard to get to sleep knowing that any minute he could start crying through the monitor. How long is it before they start sleeping through the night? Also, the nursing thing hasn't really worked according to plan, so I am pumping - which, again is alot of work! We really love him though and we are having fun getting to know our sweet son- I think we are just trying to adjust, and I am still having to heal from delivery- it takes more time than I thought to get your strength back. Every day is a new learning experience- I am also happy to say that my mom will be here for a week starting tomorrow- I seriously don't know how we woud make it without help!
5 comments:
Oh man, you're lucky someone will wake up with him during the middle of the night. My mom wouldn't do that!
he is so, so cute Rachel!! About the monitor, I was the same way. I wouldn't get any sleep even if Ada was sleeping because I was constantly waiting on her to wake up. I don't know how big your place is, but I finally just turned the monitor off and opened her door and our door, so that I wouldn't hear every little sound. I definitely still woke up if she was actually awake and crying, but it helped me to sleep in between feedings. Hang in there, it gets so much better!! These first six weeks-3 months are so hard, but you will one day wake up and things will feel somewhat normal again. And take all the help you can get!! That first month I got so much help from my mom and sister. I couldn't have done it otherwise.
Matt and I were on our own through the night, but all I can really tell you is that i gets better! I honestly have blocked out a lot of the first few months :)
You will be tired a lot. But everything is worth it. I had both girls in a pack n play in the room, so that helped me with trying to nurse and bottle feed. But they moved into their own room at 2 months.
My girls were sleeping a good 6 or seven hours around 3 months and it just got better.
Hang in there! He is so precious!
Hi! I'm Amy Eaton's friend and I wanted to tell you Congratulations!! Breastfeeding gets WAY easier, so don't give up. The baby learns to latch on on its own eventually, and even if my son wakes up at night I can now do it 1/2 asleep. Eventually too, they learn to suck better and it doesn't take as long. I called lactacian consultants constantly the first few weeks, it is worth it!
Thanks Everyone! I REALLY appreciate all the advice... it is incredibly invaluable to us right now- we need all the tips we can get! Things are looking up though- he only woke up 1 time last night!! Let's hope this wasn't a fluke!
Post a Comment