Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Over DUE

Okay I am now officially over due. I am sure most of you already know this by now, but I am not getting induced tonight, which was what I was told would happen last week. Mark and I went in to our final doctors appt. yesterday, fully expecting to get sent to the hospital today. Unfortunately, I have what is called an "infavorable cervix" and I am reverse-dialating. Something I never thought was possible. I felt so dejected. The doctor said if they tried to induce today, it would more than likely end up being a c-section, which we are of course trying to avoid unless necessary. After consulting with the other doctor's in the group practice, and calling the hospital, he came back inthe room and said the target induction date is now set for Sunday. I wanted to kick him. I have been looking forward to today for over a week. I am so ready to hold my baby and see him I can hardly stand it. Also, I had already taken maternity leave at work and everything at the house was all ready for baby Wyatt. SIGH. So, I am back at work, working through Friday, and we have one more weekend to ourselves. We check in to the hospital Sunday night, and get ready for a long night of Cervidil, followed by a long day of Pitosin. I am fully expecting a LONG labor, but hoping he will come quick. If not, a c-section will follow on Tuesday. Atleast I know that a week from now, I will DEFINETLY have a baby. I never thought I would go 41 weeks!! I know that God is teaching me a lesson about patience because I have none. I also don't like not being in control... another thing I don't like: All these uncofortable contractions with NO results!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Try to think positive. I was induced one week early and went into labor with just the cervidel and didn't even ever need pitocin. Perhaps the same will happen with you! Although, hopefully your labor will be longer than 3 hours- believe me you don't want that!

LB said...

oh, the waiting is so hard!! It is so soon, you will blink and you will be on the other side of labor holding your tiny baby boy. I will be thinking about you and praying that everything goes well!! So does this mean your body will not go into labor on its own ever? Will it just continue to go backwards?

Allyson said...

bless your heart! Hang in there! I thought I was going to be induced on a Monday and they waited until wed which isn't as bad as u! I know how u feel though. It will be here before u know it! He is just so comfy in there!!!!!

Rachel said...

Thanks for all of your prayers and support! It is quite hard when you have a normal pregnancy, and you get all the way to the end and find out that your body is just not cooperating. I am not sure if this means that I will never go into labor on my own or not, my second child might be completely different... that was another frustrating thing is that the doctor really didn't have a whole lot of answers for us... he even said it could reverse itself and I could go into labor on my own before Sunday...which at this point I don't think that is going to happen, but I am trying to stay positive!