Friday, May 16, 2008

Limitations

Lately I have noticed a huge difference in my energy level compared to just a month ago. If I go one night without getting a good nights sleep, the next day is a compelete struggle. As I mentioned yesterday, I was so uncomfortable the other night that I hardly slept at all, and I was like a total zombie at work all day. I had made plans to eat dinner with Kacey and Mary Thursday night, but by the time I got off of work, I knew I would never make it through the evening. I felt terrible because Mary doesn't come in town very often, and we have had these plans for awhile, but I can't force myself to do things the way I used to.

It is as if your body just shuts down and says, okay I have had enough! No more! And I literally have to go to bed. Right then. Which is what I did- I totally crashed. This is the reason I couldn't stay out all night at Cat's bachlorette party, or even make it to the end of her wedding reception.

To all my wonderful friends out there, I am sorry!! I know I have been a party pooper lately, but I promise in less than 3 months, I will be good as new. I will have Mark watch the baby, and we will do dinner, and everything else we have missed out on. I hate being this exhausted all the time, and I hate not being in control of my body like I used to- you would think I am a 90-year old woman who needs to do the early bird special at 4 p.m. - but the truth is I kind of am.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Don't worry Rach- we all know you will return to your normal party animal self. Now you know how I felt when I was pregnant!!

Amy said...

Remember I left your reception at 11? That wasn't too bad, right? I think you were upset at the time, but now you understand.

Rachel said...

haha! I remember, I promise I wasn't upset though! But I don't thibnk I fully understood how exhausted you must have been. 11 o'clock is awesome! I remember you were falling asleep on Zach- it made for some really cute pictures though!