I am now 29 weeks pregnant- only 75 days left to go. This not only stresses me out but is also quite a relief at the same time. I am ready for everything to go back to the way it was pre-pregnancy, both emotionally and physically. I have a million things left to do before our little guy gets here, but I really ready to not feel like an emotional trainwreck 90 percent of the time.
I am really tired of feeling like I am about to burst into tears all of the time, and the fact that I can't remember a thing lately is not helping. I usually pride in myself on being incredibly organized and on top of everything. I am really starting to feel like a mental case. Can other mother's out there reassure me that both of these things will return to normal after the baby comes? I am not sure how much longer I can take this rut I seem to be in. I am not a person who doesn't like to be in control of my own body.
Work is really stressing me out lately too- I have so many irons in the fire I feel as if I can't keep up, and I am moving at the speed of light trying to get ready to be out for two months. I have another two months to go, and I really can't wait to have this baby... the head aches are horrible as is the heartburn- I know, I know enough of the whining already. This third trimester is off to a great start.
4 comments:
Rachel, I would love to get your e-mail address and talk to you more about this stuff because I could chat about it forever. And I want to be encouraging, but I also want to be realistic because that was what was most helpful for me. I HATED third trimester, so complain away. I know it doesn't help to complain, but it sort of feels like it does. As for things returning to normal after the baby...the first 6 weeks after Ada was born were the hardest of my life. It is a whole new level of being out of control, but it does get better. My friend Jane told me to mark 6 weeks on my calendar, and I just kept telling myself that it would get better--and it does!! But you might feel a little crazy at first. Anyway, seriously, I would love to get your e-mail. I wish I was closer so we could get coffee (decaf of course;)). For me, the best thing in the world is just to hear that someone else feels the same way. Because feeling alone in something is the worst part.
I'm going to give you the realistic truth: If you think your out of control now, just wait until the baby comes. It's unlike anything else (but worth it though). I think it gets better at 12 weeks. By 5-6 months its so much fun that you'll love being a mom.
Well, I am happy to have the truth about what to expect- I mean I knew it wasn't going to be easy, and every bit of it stresses me out- from the no sleep to the finances, but I feel as if I am just one miserable pregnant person. It is funny how in the first trimester you never think having the belly is so uncomfortable! All you want to do is get thruogh the nausea- now everything is swollen and I have never had such bad back pain in my life! I also am doing the waddle! I never thought that would happen to me!
Hey rachel!! Im glad everyone is realistic with you..the first 5 weeks were pretty tough for me, just get all the help you can and take advantage of it! I didnt feel like myself until about 5-6 weeks, i felt so emotional!! But now, Vaughn is almost 3 months and its wonderful ( espeicially when he sleeps all night ) I hope to see you soon! Give me a call , 256-565-2191
Shelly
Post a Comment