Monday, April 28, 2008

Week 30

Well this week is off to a better start then last week. I am feeling slightly more optimistic about finishing out this pregnancy, and I am looking forward to my doctor's appt. tomorrow- I always love hearing that heartbeat! Hopefully, I will know which due date Dr. Hudson is going to base my induction calendar on. He doesn't believe in letting his patients go more than 3 days over their due date, and originally I was given the date of July 8- when they measured the baby during my second ultrasound, however, they moved the date up to July 2- so that could mean either a July 5 baby, or a July 11. My vote is for inducing on the 5th!!

Another mood booster for me was ordering little Wyatt's announcements on Friday (although they were quite expensive) and treating myself to the Old Navy Clearance Maternity rack on Saturday. I found a $7 pair of pants and a $9 top that I am wearing at work today- I feel like a new woman!

This weekend Mark and I have our parenting classes, and although he is not thrilled about it, I am really looking forward to it. My weekends have been so run-of-the-mill, leaning towards boring- so when something comes up that is out of the ordinary, I tend to get excited. I have hear that you get a gender-specific baby, and you learn a TON about parenting, and labor and delivery- which we both need. Mark admitted to me last night that he is getting a tad bit nervous as we head towards D-day. I on the other hand am not a "tad-bit nervous" I am the most freaked out I have ever been in my entire life!! I have NO idea what I am doing, and my heart rate literally goes through the roof when I think about it. I start to sweat, and I start to panic. I am hoping that sleep deprivation isn't as bad as it sounds, I hope our bank account starts to grow to accomodate how EXPENSIVE this little one is going to be. Most of all, I do ALOT of praying- that I can do this- I know Mark will be great at it- he is great at everything- but me- whoa- this is the scariest thing that has ever happened- and I am totally freaking out!

No comments: