Thursday, April 17, 2008

Squished

At the beginning of the week I was getting concerned because the baby did not seem to be moving as much as I thought he had been. I called the Dr.'s office and the sweet nurse assured me that at this stage in the pregnancy, babies sometimes get squished and run out of room to kick around until my belly goes through another growth spurt.

ANOTHER GROWTH SPURT??!?? Are you kidding me?!? Like my belly could get any bigger. I can't even see my toes anymore!

Anyways, she said the trick they tell all their patients to do is to drink a 20oz. bottle of Mountain Dew, lay on your left side, and count the kicks for 1 hour. he should kick 8-10 times. First of all, I would have to do this in the morning, because I wouldn't sleep for 3 days- and who has time to lay around for an hour?!?

Luckily, the baby has started moving again like crazy, and kicking harder than ever, so my fears have been laid to rest for the time being- without having to crack myself and my baby out on Mountain Dew. I guess my belly made more room for him after all! Last night he kicked so hard he practically kicked Mark's hand right of my belly. I Love it!! Our little man might just be Auburn's kicker one day... :)

No comments: