Tuesday, April 1, 2008

6 Month Check-Up

I had my 6-month check-up with the doctor today, and praise the Lord everything seems to be progressing just fine!

The baby's heartbeat checked-in at 137 bpm (strong & healthy!) and other than my swollen ankles, lack of sleep and crazy hormones I am doing great :)

I did have to drink this nasty, flat orange syrup stuff on an empty stomach to test for gestational diabetes. The soda drink kinda made me nauseated, but I am glad it is over- this is the second time I have had to be tested because 2 months ago the sugar in my blood was high, and they wanted to make sure everything balanced out. In my opinion, I think it was just a fluke at the lab, and everything is fine... but I guess I will find out for sure in a couple of days.

Also, they re-checked my iron level since it was low last month, and I guess next time they will let me know if I need to be on additional supplements. Sheesh, enough with the testing already!

My next appt. is at 30 weeks, and then I will have to go back every 2 weeks after that. Wow is this pregnancy going by fast.. this baby is going to be here SOON!

No comments: