Monday, March 31, 2008

Overwhelmed...

I do believe I am riding the emotional roller coaster again!

This weekend was Cat's bachlorette party in Nashville, and we had a great time! It really was wonderful to see her and Shannon and spend time with them, and I am so excited for Cat, and absolutely THRILLED that I could be apart of her big bash!

The hard part for me, however, was realizing that I have limits. Well, that, and feeling like a whale! I felt so sad that I couldn't go out with all the girls after dinner Saturday night, but I knew that I just couldn't make it till 2 a.m., so there I was, back at the hotel, going to bed at 9:30. Very, very depressing!

After I left Sunday morning, I just felt like crying all day...I am terrified at all of the responsibility that is about to set in, I am sad in a way that my life is changing so dramatically, and much to my horror, I was even the teensiest bit jealous of my friends, who still have their figures, their brand-new marriages, and years of child-freedom ahead of them.

All of this was bouncing around my head last night as I tossed and turned. Needless to say, I am exhausted, because I got zero sleep last night.

I know it is going to be so worth it! And I am so excited to have this baby, and I also know this is God's plan for me, and I am just feeling sorry for myself- and don't get me wrong, I LOVE this baby more than life right now... I think I am just overwhelmed and overtired... this morning when I walked into work and our dept. secretary asked if I was okay, I about burst into tears.

Who knew pregnancy was so hard?!?

2 comments:

LB said...

Rachel, I can totally relate. There were so many times when I was pregnant that I cried over the very same things, and every time I felt so guilty, which made me cry even harder:) I spent my first anniversary so sick, and I totally wanted to throw myself a pity party. Just be encouraged that you will have moments in the future that you feel like yourself again--figure and all.

Anonymous said...

I don't understand what you are going through but I know you are going to be the best mom ever to my nephew. About your figure you have not gained a lot of weight and once again I don't know what pregnancy feels like but you look beautiful.