Well it is official- Our baby boy is going to be a HUGE Auburn fan from the moment he meets this world- not only have we been blessed with a large quantity of Auburn booties- Mary has now sent us the sweetest Auburn onesie I have ever seen- Mark loved it, and now all we need to complete his ensemble is a cap, which we will get before he is born- I assure you.
Also, Mary also managed to find him a pair of Auburn overalls, which I haven't seen yet, but I know are going to be precious- and one of his favorite outfits. I can't wait to take him to his first Auburn game, and teach him the fight song:)
Last night I got to visit a girl in our Sunday school class that had a little baby boy. He was the MOST precious thing I have ever seen (well, besides little David when he was born!) It is amazing to how little they are when they come out and even more amazing that they fit inside you. I actually atrted crying when I held him because it was so surreal that in 4 months I would be holding my own son.
I still cannot believe what an incredible gift from God this all is. I know he is going to be just beautiful, and all I want to do is to hold him in my arms and see what he looks like. I am so blown away sometimes by how much the Lord is giving us, and that He is entrusting us with this little life.
There are so many prayers He has answered lately, and so many surprises He has given us. I am absolutely humbled by His awesomeness sometimes, and I wonder how I could have gotten so far away from Him for so long. It was as if those college years ended, the years where everything was a priority but Him- and He was still there, waiting on me to return to Him- with open arms. His gracy and mercy astounds me- and I thank Him every day for the blessings in my life- the blessings I have that I don't deserve. Holding that little boy last night just brought everything into prospective for me- the only thing that matters is what we have in the Lord, and I pray that our little boy is born just as healthy as the one I held in my arms last night.
1 comment:
hi Rachel, I was so excited to see your comment on my blog and even more excited to see all the ways that we are connected. I am so excited for you--motherhood is so challenging but so great as well. Also be encouraged, the first six weeks are so hard, so don't feel discouraged if you feel completely overwhelmed. I had a friend tell me to mark a calendar at six weeks, and sure enough, life started to normalize at that point. Keep stopping by my blog, and I am going to link to yours!! Enjoy the last few months of pregnancy. (I laugh as I say that because I did not enjoy being pregnant!!)
Post a Comment