Friday, March 7, 2008

One Tired Momma-To-Be

Today I had to be at work bright early at 7 a.m. to help with a photo shoot in the O.R. which meant, with my commute, I had to be up at 4:30 this morning. Right now I am exhausted and ready to get home for the weekend! Also, my back has been really, really hurting lately and I have found that the only cure or it is a long, hot soak in our big tub- which is exactly what I am looking forward to this evening!

Sharon is coming to visit this weekend, since our husbands are going on a hunting trip together- and I am sooo excited to see her and the babies. (I say babies, but Ryan is 6 and Lily is 3- but to me they will always be the babies ;) For those of you who have never met Ryan or Lily, they are the most precious, beautiful children in the whole world- I literally can never get enough of them! They were our flower girl and ring bearer in our wedding, and will always have a special place in our hearts. Even though we have moved from Huntsville and we don't get to see them as often as we would like to, I think they still know how much we love them. The only thing that is going to be intresting is re-introducing them to our dog, Sadie.

We have a black year-and-half-old cocker, who I am pretty much obsessed with- and the kids are absolutely terrified of her- I have no idea why because she is scared of her own shadow and wouldn't hurt a fly- but nevertheless it is kind of funny of see how worked up they get about her. Sharon and I just laugh because we can never figure out a 22-pound dog intimidates them. (okay, one time she nipped at Mary's nose, but I promise she is completely harmless!!) Which, by the way my dog is the cutest, most adorable dog in the whole world. And no, I am not biased :)

Tonight, my neighbor Amanda and I are taking dinner to Wendie, the girl in our Sunday school class who just had the baby...I am so excited to see little Max again!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Just wait until your baby comes- your dog will definately take the back burner and you won't care at all.

Amy said...

We want NEW pics!

Rachel said...

I know, I know, I have to post new pictures of the progress we are making in the nursery- also my 6 month pictures will be taken on Sunday. I can't believe i am already 6 months pregnant!!