Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Week 23

I cannot believe that on Sunday I will be 6 months pregnant! This pregnancy has really flown by, and July seems closer and closer. I read that the baby is now over a pound, and I feel him moving all the time. It is going to be very different after I give birth- although I will be happy to not be pregnant anymore, and to be holding my baby in my arms, I have had someone recently describe the feeling to me as "empty"

Last night we visited another girl in my Sunday school class who has recently had a little girl. Ava is almost 3 weeks old, and is absolutely precious. Her Mom and Dad could not be more thrilled or proud. She has red hair and big eyes, and loves to look around at everyone. Her mom, Lori, was the first person Mark and I met at our new church, and she is really sweet- I felt the tiniest bit jealous of her though, only becasue she was able to quit her job to stay home with little Ava.

I imagine it would be difficult to be a stay-at-home mom , but I also think it could be quite rewarding- I really do love my job, but I know it is going to be so hard when I have to take him to daycare each day. It is just one of those things I am trying not to think about, because the reality is that Mark and I cannot survive on one paycheck.

This weekend we got the crib put together and all of the baby bedding is on it- it is so cute! it is actually starting to feel like a baby room, even though we still need to switch out furniture, and decorate the walls. I will have to post pictures of our progress along with the 6 month baby belly shots on Sunday.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You're not the only one who has to go back to work! It's probably the hardest thing I've ever had to do. You'll get through it though. And at the end of the day, even though you had to be at work, its still better to have your baby and go to work than not have your baby at all. At least thats how I look at it.

Shannon Ward said...

I know I do not have a baby...but I agree with Amy. Don't look too far ahead with work, it will only stress you out. I'm sure there is a great care facility there and you will get to see the baby all the time!Plus, you never know...you may not have to work at all in a couple of years =) I want to see pics of the baby's room, so I know what color to buy. I have seen the cutest stuff!