Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Moving Right Along...

Last night we felt our son move for the very FIRST time!! We were both laying in the bed (Mark was reading, and I was watching the new episode of One Tree Hill) and all of a sudden I felt kind of a twitch and then it was a sort of fluttering. It happened so quick I didn't say anything, but just waited to see if it would happen again. Sure enough, I felt it again. I grabbed Mark's hand and put it on my tummy, and then he felt it too- we both started laughing- it was amazing!!

When we were watching the ultrasound on Monday, he did a full somersault for us- and I think that is what he was doing last night- we even felt him push ever so slightly against my stomach- I can't even describe how cool it was to experience that with my husband. We can't wait to meet our little boy!

On a side note, I had "the talk" with my boss at work and also made the big announcement at work. Adam, my boss, was very supportive and laid all my fears to rest- I am happy to say that I am so pleased and it really sounds like they are going to work with me even though I am so new. Every one at work was really excited too! I really love all of my co-workers- it is wonderful to say that I have no complaints and I truly love my job.

I can also say that I can start to see God's plan for my life come full circle. I started to get frustrated when we were having to move so many times so early on in our relationship and marriage- but now I can see that the Lord was preparing us for what was to come. If I hadn't gained all of the different skill sets I did through my jobs in Huntsville and S.C., I might never have been able to a specialist position in P.R. and communications. Mark has also found his dream job, and I am more than grateful to see him as happy as he is. This is a true lesson to me however- I need to learn how to lean on the Lord and not my own understanding- I am asking God to help me work on my faith.

I am also thrilled that Mark and I are settled and have a home near family- although I am not as close to my family as I would like to be- it is comforting to know that our child will grow up with grandparents and an aunt and uncle nearby. They couldn't be more excited! I have a feeling that between Steph and Liz, this baby is going to be spoiled =)

I do miss my best friend, Amy - I rarely get to see her and her family and it would be great to have another new mom to spend time with- I also miss Shannon, Cat, Mary and my mom and dad- all who are in Atlanta (or Columbus) - but I know we will make an effort to get together as much as possible- and Kacey and her husband are here in Birmingham which has been great! Hopefully they will have a child soon too!

All in all this has been a great week! I can't wait to start getting the baby room ready, and see what else God has in store for us!

No comments: