Monday, July 9, 2012

Plowing to the Panhandle...

We made the quintessential (or perhaps cliche) trip to the beach for the post-fourth weekend- along with every other living soul within a 750-mile radius. I am kidding, but it was super crowded. The purpose of the trip was two-fold (or maybe three-fold:) a) I had a work conference b) Mark and Wyatt will never turn down a free trip to the beach. c) my brother-in-law is moving in less than three weeks and we felt it necessary to squeeze in one more trip to Destin before he returns to his native central-Alabama habitat.



My first fish! 
We did, in fact, have a wonderful time! Kurt (the brother-in-law) cooked some amazing ribs, Wyatt caught his first fish, Mark hosted daddy daycare at the beach and I had a productive learning and networking experience. The resort where we stayed was beautiful and it served as a giant playground for our almost- four year-old. I do feel proud that we are able to expose Wyatt to so many different things at such a young age. He has already gotten to do much more than I did by age 4. I am thinking it may have something to do with growing up with a stay-at-home mom. Not that I would have changed that, but I am starting to see some benefits of working full-time. However few and far between they are- but hey, I will take what I can get :) 
Crabbing with Uncle Kurt 
I heart the beach! 

No comments: