"And today, there was a Savior who paid my ransom with His blood, and it was enough"
I read this today, and thought it was completely fitting as I sifted through the pictures from this past weekend.
As these words jumped off the page from Kisses from Katie, I couldn't help but feel infinitely tiny. These words coming from a 23-old Nashville native who chose to listen to the Lord. She felt called and she went. Now living in Uganda, Katie Davis has adopted 14 children. I complain about my cushy commute, and she wonders if one of her children is going to die from HIV. I worry about what Wyatt is going to wear to the egg hunt, and she worries what is going to sustain the lives around her.
Not to mention that the amount I spend each day at Starbucks would feed five orphans. Talk about conviction. Wow.
There is so much on my heart these days, but I definitely feel that I could be doing more instead of simply acquiring more. I should be rejoicing and resting in His peace, rather than trying to figure everything out on my own. Always the planner, there are reins that need to be handed over. Easter is such a great reminder of starting over. Giving the old up for the new. I am ever so grateful for tomorrow- another day to surrender my burdens and walk in His light. Another day to swallow my pride and to live out His promise. The promise that He is enough. He is all we will ever need, and only He alone deserves our praise.
I can pour out because I know you fill up. I drink from a well that never runs dry. You are abundantly available to me, ever drawing me closer. You call me into communion with you and I am filled with your life over flowing even in the driest, hardest of seasons. You exchange my lack for your abundance, Christ in me the only hope of glory. Christ in me is enough. Christ with me is enough. Christ on that cross and risen for me is enough. You are enough, Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment