Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Wyatt the Pirate


We are full steam ahead on birthday preparations for the big number 3.

My son, who has an odd preoccupation with all things Pirate these days, has of course nixed all other theme ideas- including an ice cream party at a nearby location where they do all the work (to be honest, the easy part appealed to me more than the actual itinerary :).

So, this mom is researching Pirate English, googling menus and spending way too many hours on Etsy. I am not sure why I do this to myself-- you know, the whole tons-of-money tons-of-time on a two-hour party-- but it always pays off in the end. I do realize that my husband is right- Wyatt couldn't care less about tablescapes and fruit kabobs. But, since I am that neurotic mom- I want it to be perfect and adorable and I want my little Buccaneer to remember his day. He probably won't, ( I don't remember my 3rd birthday) but... there will be the pictures. And, let's be honest- no matter how you slice it, July birthday parties in Alabama are never going to be easy :) Thank goodness for blogging, because I have gotten some GREAT ideas!

In other news, Wyatt's surgery is Tuesday... so keep those prayers coming!

2 comments:

loyo03 said...

I know what you mean! I have been brainstorming ideas for our 3 year old party, but my child still lives for Mickey and crew:) I think it might be a battle this year! I wanted to let you know, while looking around on Oriental Trading for ideas, I saw where they have a whole section for Pirates! I am sure that you have already come across it, but just in case you haven't-here it is:

http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/browse/processRequest.do?Ntx=mode%2bmatchallpartial&sp=true&Ntk=all&requestURI=viewEndecaCategory&tabId=1&N=90000+1305&No=0

Unknown said...

I TOTALLY understand where your coming from! Ha! And birthdays in July should be outlawed. Clay says I get way out of hand with planning Bryson's birthday's. But I'm just so stinkin' OCD!

Does Wyatt watch Jake and the Neverland Pirates on Disney? Bryson is obsessed. Every moring he asks if he can "watch the pirates :)"

Praying for Wyatt and you. Hope all goes well and keep me posted.