Wyatt had his first dentist appointment today- I think I was more nervous than he was! I had hoped Mark would be able to join us, but he threw out his back doing push-ups (he's getting old!!) and had to go to the doctor himself.
I was super impressed with how sweet the office ladies and the hygienists were. You can tell they have a special gift with children- it instantly put me at ease, and I think distracted Wyatt a little bit too. He loved the flavored fluoride, and Dr. B was a huge hit until he whipped out his silver poker- (I always hated the scraping too!) No two-year molars yet, and we are pretty sure he has my super narrow jawline, and will one day require braces (no shocker there-both Mark and I had pretty jacked up grills, haha) They told him they were tickling his teeth, to which he replied with a giggle :)
This was the picture they took when we first got there- he looks absolutely terrified! I had to sit in the chair with him the entire time, but he was pleased as punch when they let him help himself to a sticker. My baby is getting so big- sometimes I wish I could just freeze time and keep him little and sweet and in need of his momma. One of these days he'll be sitting in that dentist chair all by himself , so right now- I am just going to enjoy these moments, filled with terror or not- because they simply go by way too fast.
No comments:
Post a Comment