I am determined to get more organized, and I am realizing bit by bit that it means giving up control and giving everything over to God- I am only one person, and I know I will always fall short... but God won't. Somehow those words are so much easier to type than to live out.
With that being said, let's start with a HUGE praise... I really wasn't going to mention it- but this is a scrapbook of my life and I certainly want to document all the little and BIG ways that the Lord has blessed us. In a nutshell... the promotion I had been hoping and praying for came through. It happened sooner than I had anticipated, and right after I realized that I needed to be happy with where I was and with what He had given me. Long story short- it felt good to know that my hard work had been noticed... and it felt even better that after a long journey - I knew exactly where God wanted me.
And, what's new with Wyatt? He is a handful of epic proportions. Today Mark picked up from school, and for the second day in a row, he was in time out. When asked why he had been put in time out- he stated that he had pushed a classmate and threw toys. Normal for a two-year-old? Yes. Disappointing that my son is not as perfect at school as I had once imagined him to be? Absolutely.
He is also becoming quite opinionated- almost overnight. Now, it totally matters what color his sippy cups is or what PJ's he wears. Thank the good Lord he has not started pitching a fit over the monogrammed clothing yet. Oh the horror.
Speaking of clothes- that is the big battle in our house at the moment. Not with Wyatt, but with my husband. I came home from a boutique overstock sale with several precious two-piece, smocked outfits and was promptly told that if so much as Wyatt's big toe touched them- they would find themselves in the bonfire out back. I am heartbroken. It seems the only teenie tiny thing that even still resembled my baby boy is gone- only to be replaced by blasé polos and khakis (YAWN!) Even worse, the dozen holiday long alls that I have been stashing in the closet were discovered and my dreams of gingerbread one-piece Santa pictures have been squashed.
Enjoy your babies while you have them- because one day your husband might just come home and put his foot down. If I ever have a daughter, Mark Olis, get ready for hair bows the size of Texas, and smocked dresses for the next 10 years :)
5 comments:
Oh shopping for a girl is so much fun, and I'm just starting!
I agree he's reaching the phase where you can't put him in smocked things. Also, this is your last year for any type of rompers.
You so crack me up with the clothing thing. But all kinding aside it is hard watching them grow up and start to make their own decisions, especially when it's not what you predicted or wanted. I never expected Anna to be so strong willed this early in life. Just hang in there. We will come up with something to brighten up his wardobe.
I guess I shouldn't tell you about Lolly Wolly Doodle on Facebook or Zulily.com then! I get tons of smocked stuff from those places for no more than $30/outfit. I just bought 4 outfits from Zulily when they featured their Vive Le Fete sale. Lolly Wolly does facebook auctions and I've won a few cute things for both boys. I just adore smocked outfits and I think the right ones can be pulled off by a toddler. Something like this maybe: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_yTnc5zXbw0s/TKnYOkxFD1I/AAAAAAAAAmY/ZN--rvX-kNI/s1600/VIVELAFETE_SI1438BPL.jpg
Hahahahaha! I LOVE it! You guys better start trying for that little girl! :) tee hee :).
move to the north! then there is no argument...i've never seen a little boy wear that here. probably too cold! it does save money to just buy polos : )
Post a Comment