I am a huge fan of Kelly's Korner, as I know so many of you are as well. Most of her posts seem like they are exactly directed at me and exactly what I needed to hear. Ya'll know that all too often I beat myself up for not having it together- at all. I feel so crazy and disorganized most of the time, my house is a disaster zone and my two year old is playing in dog food, or climbing on the couch or pouring water all over the floor.
I haven't had time to exercise in three months (besides the Zumba class Heidi and I dragged ourselves to) my gray roots are showing because I literally haven't been able to carve two hours out to get my hair done and my "meal plan" this week has consisted of frozen pizza and chicken nuggets.
Most evenings I am counting down the minutes to bed time so that I can crawl into my bed and attempt to read a page or two of my book that is currently collecting dust on my nightstand. I am constantly tired... and I live for working lunches that involve an adult conversation. Does that make me a bad mom? I hope not... I LOVE and adore my child more than life itself, and I am SO very very grateful for this life I have been given. It is just a breath of fresh air to me to know that I am not the only mom and wife out there that doesn't have all the answers, and isn't Mrs. Cleaver.
Being a working mom and wife is HARD. I can't imagine pulling it off with more than one child... even with my one I feel like I am failing most of the time. I thank my ALmighty God for giving me the strength to not just survive the day, but to enjoy it. And for surrounding me with wonderful women who are going through the same things in life- and who encourage me more than they will ever know. Even if our laundry piles are taller than Mt. Everest and the dust on our furniture is an inch thick- we are in it together, and with God's grace and mercy- our children will grow up to be strong, patient, responsible and kind- gray roots and all :)
4 comments:
I read Kelly's post a few days ago and was in tears! I honestly thought I was the only mother out there who "didn't have her life all together!" It really is great to know that I am not alone. Being a working mom (who right now is the sole provider) is unbelievably stressful! I can't even begin to imagine how my mom did the same thing but with two tiny babies.
Thanks Rachel for sharing this. I can't even begin to tell you how much these kinds of post affect my life. Hope you have wonderful weekend. And WE NEED TO GET THESE BOYS TOGETHER SOON :) HA!
Girl, you just described my life! I am running out of clean clothes and dishing are piling up in sink and that's only the beginning. Most days our house a tornado and I get tired of fighting it. I use to pick up every night but I figure it's just wasted energy. I to feel so blessed by God for my wonderul friends and family, but also am really tired all the time. Exercise, what is that? Sleep, I can never get enough! The cost of living is going up but our income seems to be staying the same. I just keep telling myself that this to shall pass and be thankful.
an Amen and I feel ya! And Im just beginning!
I know I don't know you in person but from what I've read on your blog, you sound like a wonderful wife and mom. I have the utmost respect for working moms. I feel just like you do sometimes and I stay at home! I can't imagine what you go through, but keep it up and I just know it will get easier! Prayers your way!
Post a Comment