Thursday, October 28, 2010

D.C.

The View from our hotel
Celebrating the Auburn WIN!
Being tourists :)




Last week (or perhaps two weeks ago now?) one of my old college roommates (and one of my best friends) made our journey across the Mason Dixon to D.C.

I had a work conference, and she tagged along... I worked, she played... and in between we got to see some of the city.

It was definitely an eye opener to be in such a fast paced environment, and trying to figure out the subway was interesting to say the least. I have to say that between our Vera Bradley, our accents and our directional challenges... it was pretty obvious that we were Southerners, through and through :)

We partied in Georgetown (I just like saying that :), saw all three Smithsonian's, Ash toured both the Pentagon and Arlington... and what else? Oh yes, I got to sleep in. What a concept!

We were such tourists... but we loved every minute of it!

Oh, and upon my return... I spent three glorious hours at the salon, and finally talked my husband into hiring a maid. I feel like a new woman!

No comments: