Today was a bittersweet day. The annual Region's Charity Classic is underway- for those of you outside of the Birmingham area, this is a Pro Am/PGA tournament, and all of the money raised goes to charity. Over the last 19 years, the money has been split between multiple causes, but this year- every dime is going to Children's Hospital. I almost cried when I heard the news. Children's is a place close to my heart- not because it's where I draw a paycheck- but because it is a place of hope.
After spending a gorgeous day on the course, I headed back to meet some of the pro players at the hospital- so many patients who wanted to come and enjoy the festivities couldn't because they were too ill, so the players came to see them.
My heart broke for these babies- I just wanted to take them all in my arms and tell them how much Jesus loves them- that their lives are precious, and that they are racking up crowns of gold in heaven. That the pain they endure on earth will not be for eternity and that one day- they will be healed.
These sweet little angels need our prayers ya'll. Thank God for your healthy children, and pray for these in a hospital bed tonight.
To the Bruno Event Team, Regions Bank and all of the countless volunteers- thank you. You have no idea how many lives will be changed- and how much hope will be renewed.
2 comments:
We are overwhelmed with the generosity of Regions and the whole team! Our community is a better place because of Children's Hospital. I love working there!
I enjoyed giving my time last week! It was so much fun out there and the money raised will be so helpful!!!
Post a Comment