Monday, April 12, 2010

Stepping it up, Celebrating Mary and Baby Hudson, Ice Cream and Rusty Nails








How is that for a weekend rundown? I was told by my very loyal readers that I have been slacking a bit on my posts- I can't argue with that. I have been slammed in every aspect of my life, but I am going to make a big effort to kick it up a notch- get ready for the rundown of Rachel's daily grind. I can assure you one thing- my life as you read it, will never be dull :)

Here is goes:

The weekend got off to a great start as Kacey and I made our way to Columbus to celebrate the impending arrival of little Hudson. Our very best friend and college room mate, Mary is 33 weeks pregnant, and we were thrilled to be able to help host her baby shower. This girl is one CUTIE PATOOTIE. Normally she isn't 80 pounds soaking wet, so she is ALL baby, let me tell ya... (see pictures above). What a wonderful way to spend a beautiful Saturday- we had a blast- and I am SUPER excited to meet this little man in just a few weeks. Look out world, here he comes!

Upon return to the Ham, Mark and I took little guy to the park and to get ice cream. Wyatt man was introduced to his very first Blizzard- and of course my mini sugar feign loved every bite. What a joy to be able to witness such simple pleasures, and what a perfect way to end such a perfect day :) Oh how this boy does my heart good. What a precious gift!

Unfortunately, we had a little bit of a crisis on Sunday evening, and as we were dealing with that, I got a phone call from my husband telling me that he had stepped on a rusty nail. I couldn't help but laugh as he hobbled around on one foot wincing in pain this morning. I know that sounds awful but he just looked so darn funny. Poor guy went doctor and got his tetanus shot and booked it to the pharmacy- once the painkillers were taken, he was a happy camper again :)

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Erin Hollis/Lens Envy Photography said...

I know what you mean about "watching simple pleasures". Hudson-and all kids I'm sure-gets so excited about the smallest things we take for granted. I love seeing it!

What a cute idea for the baby shower with the letters and clothes pins. I may have to steal it! ;-)

Kathy said...

Thanks for posting!!! Hope Mark heals quickly and that your crisis was averted! We miss you guys!