Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Surprise!










Friday night I had the the pleasure of throwing my husband a huge surprise 30th birthday party! He had absolutely no clue. I could not wait to share this with all of you... and it was killing me that I had to keep hush hush about it. I am certainly not one to keep a secret, and I had to keep a lid on things for over six weeks- but it paid off!!

Mark thought he was arriving at the clubhouse for a couple's baby shower for his sister- and let me just tell ya, he was not happy about it. I have never heard more complaining in my life- boy was he shocked when he realized that all 70 of our closest friends and family were gathered to celebrate him! I really got him good, but I couldn't have done it without a ton of help.

I GREATLY appreciate all the amazing food prepared by our Mom's and my sweet sister in law, all the help setting up and cleaning up, the invitation printing by Christi, the Costco card loan from Erin, the incredible video archiving Mark's life produced by Mark's friend and co-worker Ben, the photos taken by Amanda, and the list goes on and on. It was truly a team effort.

The party was perfect, Mark was in shock, and we had an absolute blast. Thank you to all of our sweet friends and family who made it such a memorable occasion. Mark kept saying over and over that he has never felt more loved. I think I have earned my wife of the year award after this shindig :) Honestly though, it was truly a labor of love-there is no one more deserving than my sweet Mark. He works so hard to provide for our family, and it was my greatest pleasure to show him how much we love him- plus, the look of shock was priceless!

4 comments:

Trista Brom said...

It was a great party! You did a great job on it, and it was neat to see how surprised he was! :)

Kathy said...

Sweet pictures!!!! Glad it was so fun!!!!

Amanda Moore said...

We had a blast... and I enjoyed snapping pics!!!! At 1st I was unsure about the camera, but man once I got use to it I loved it!!!!! Heavy duty and so NICE!

Unknown said...

Rachel~ OMGoodness it is so funny seeing my brother and SIL in your pictures...ha! Glad ya'll had a great time!!!

And to answer your question about sleeping...I usually get home around 8am and I'll feed Bryson breakfast and then get in the bed around 9am. I'll sleep til about 3 or 4pm and I'm good for the day. This really works for our family! I hate that I want get a chance to see you but we NEED to get the boys together SOON!!!