I tried really hard to get a good family picture this year... Mom had special ordered Wyatt's outfit from Etsy, and I was bound and determined to get at least a couple good shots. This was VERY difficult because Wyatt woke up with a fever and was not feeling well.
Anyways, I got ONE good family picture in between fits of crying, so for that I am grateful. I also got a couple of him walking with my mom. We certainly have a lot to be Thankful for this year!
We had a wonderful time at Mark's family's house for dinner, and it was nice to have my parents there as well.
Of course, the bad part was Wyatt feeling cruddy all day- and it just kept getting worse. By late evening, his fever had spiked to 104.9, and his breathing had become very labored. After two panicky calls to the on-call nurse with no response, Mark and I ended up putting him in the car seat and headed to Children's ED.
Halfway there, my pediatrician called back and talked us into going home and trying the luke warm bath. I relented, and I spent the night on Wyatt's floor after we got his fever down with a bath and some Motrin.
The next morning, I took him to the doctor, and come to find out he has Bronchitsis, Walking Pneumonia and the Hand, Foot and Mouth virus.
The poor little guy has sores all the way down his throat and is on codine for the pain. We have to adminster breathing treatments three times a day, and he is on his third round of antibiotics.
It absolutely breaks my heart to see him so sick... I am ready for my little guy to be back to himself again. The doctor promised me that once he gets through the flu season and his immune system is back up, he won't get as sick as often. I am clinging to this, and hoping that at some point he will get used to daycare. Thus far, since he started, he has spent more time at home than in school.
The good news is, with my parents in town to help with Wyatt, I was able to get the house decorated for Christmas... yipee!
4 comments:
Congratulations on an elusive cute family picture! Sorry to hear that he's sick again. Breathing treatments and trying to get anitbiotics down is no fun. ;( Get well soon Wyatt!
awe... i sure hope he feels better soon!!
Oh, how I've been in your shoes and David in Wyatt's. And, it WILL get better. David gets sick about 80% less than he used to. Those immunities will build! In the meantime, hand in there!!! What does your breathing machine look like? Ours looks like a panda.
I hope he feels better soon! Give him a hug and kiss from us! (well, maybe wait on the kiss if he's contagious - we don't want you to get anything!) :)
Post a Comment