A cool building in Little Italy
Street Village in Old Towne
Sea Lions
Harbor Cruise
The Coronado Bridge at sunset
Another Catholic Church in Old Towne- I couldn't get enough of the architecture.
Dinner at Sally's Seafood
Cheers to Old Towne- Mark's favorite place in San Diego :)
Anthony's Fish Grotto- The World's BEST Clam Chowder
The Gas Lamp District - a very cool, trendy area full of restaurants and shops. So much fun at night!
Sky Lift at the Zoo
The San Diego skyline
Trolley tour
My pan-seared Lemon Curry shrimp with Risotto- again, HEAVEN!!
The view from the balcony of our hotel room during the day
Birthday Margarita! YUM!
On Saturday, we woke up early and headed to breakfast and then on to the Zoo. I was amazed by the size and the vast array of animals- the Birmingham Zoo has lost several animals and exhibits over the past few years, so I was incredibly excited to actually get to see elephants, tigers and giraffes up close. The area we needed to cover in three hours was massive, so we opted to take a bus tour to see most of it. Mark and I got to sit on the top of the bus, and honestly, I almost thought that we were on an African safari. Very, very cool.
Another amazing adventure was the steamboat harbor tour we took around the bay at sunset. It was beautiful and very peaceful. I loved the Sea Lions. We also enjoyed Old Towne which is the oldest part of San Diego and resembles a Mexican village with Adobe architecture, a streetside farmers market and traditional Hispanic cuisine (delicious!)
Another amazing adventure was the steamboat harbor tour we took around the bay at sunset. It was beautiful and very peaceful. I loved the Sea Lions. We also enjoyed Old Towne which is the oldest part of San Diego and resembles a Mexican village with Adobe architecture, a streetside farmers market and traditional Hispanic cuisine (delicious!)
Coronado and Pacific Beach were fun explorations as well. The pictures speak for themselves, but the best part about the week was spending some quality time with Mark. Marriage is a life-long work-in-progress, and I have learned the importance of investing in each other. After a child it is very difficult to put your marriage first and to make time for each other but it is imperative to a healthy home. I was ready to come home and see my sweet baby- in fact, I couldn't stand to be away from him one minute longer, but I feel Mark and I are better parents when we can take a breather once in a while :)
3 comments:
Love your pictures! so glad yall had a great time and got to get away for awhile :)
Wow, it sounds/looks like you had a great time! I have never been there, but everyone I talk to who has loves it. I'm so glad for you!
oh my goodness I'm so envious of your long second honeymoon :)!!! I can't WAIT to go to NYC for a weekend!
Post a Comment