Well folks tomorrow is almost here! I can't believe that in just 24 hours I will be on the other side of the country celebrating my 27th birthday with a bowl of the world's best clam chowder in 75 degree sunshine.
Let's hope my husband makes it.
Ah, yes- my delightfully intelligent better-half decided earlier in the week to keep his "business" trip to South Dakota while still recovering from Pnuemonia. He just simply cannot stand to let all the Pheasants fly free or miss a chance to rub shoulders with advertisers. Against the advice of his doctor, his mother and his wife he decides to go anyways, convinced that flying back to Birmingham a mere 12 hours before we have to take off for San Diego will indeed give him plenty of leeway to get home, do laundry, repack and head back to the airport.
Lo and behold, a mechanical error arose- Mark is still in South Dakota. He has now missed his connection in Chicago and we are riding on a hope and a prayer that he gets in before our 6 a.m. 737 leaves the runway headed towards the West Coast.
I guess he will be wearing a lot of camo in San Diego. Just so you know... if I could have reached through the phone and strangled him- I probably would have :).
6 comments:
I hope Mark makes it and that you have a good time!
Have a fantastic time! That sounds exactly like something my husband would do! :)
oh no!! I hope he makes it. That makes me nervous. Ya'll have such a good time!! I can't wait to hear all about it.
He is in big trouble!
Can you just meet him out there? Iit isn't ideal...but maybe you could take his luggage with? Nothing ever goes as planned : )
have a fun trip!
I hope you have a wonderful trip.
Post a Comment