Mark came home with these last week, and it has really been a bright spot in my week (pun intended). They were originally in a plastic bucket, and he even took it upon himself to plant them in my favorite planter. This planter was used in our wedding so it is really special to me. Our florist filled it to the brim with white lillies and pink roses. One of these days I will dig the file off my computer and post the pictures... such a beautiful day :).

And this is pretty sweet to come home to as well:
Anyways... back to my front porch. I didn't want to spend a ton of money on my "harvest" look, so I simply added a fall wreath. It doesn't look like much from the picture, but it always makes me smile when I pull into the driveway and see this:
And this is pretty sweet to come home to as well:
These PJ's crack me up- we put them on for the first time on Saturday night, and they are so tight they resemble Long John's. It is a good thing I bought them in a 2T... there is no extra room to be found :)
Erin, one of my good friends who just so happens to be an incredibly-talented photographer came out to take our Christmas/Wyatt's 15-month pictures on Saturday. She met us at the train depot in Calera, and it was a perfect day. If you need any pictures taken (maternity, engagement, Christmas, family ect...) I highly recommend her. This is the second shoot she has done with Wyatt, and I could not be more pleased. Check out a few of his pictures here. Did I mention that she is AWESOME and AFFORDABLE? Double-bonus: She can design your Christmas cards too! For busy mom's like me, this is one heck of a deal. Thank you Erin for capturing these amazing snapshots of my little boy.
Besides the Christmas shoot, we completely chilled out this weekend. It was wonderful to have a weekend off from entertaining, and not have to worry about my house. I declared it a "no-clean" zone and only did the bare minimum like dishes and laundry. The floors did not get mopped and the furniture did not get dusted... and I didn't care. We just played and played. I did get to the mall on Saturday morning and finished rounding out Wyatt's fall/winter wardrobe. He needed a few more long sleeve t-shirts, dress shirts and a couple more pairs of shoes. WHEW! I am glad we are done with that. I think he is okay until Spring- let's hope anyways. Mark's mom is making him an adorable Pumpkin Long-All, and my mom ordered him two fall appliqued long-all's, so I am very excited to get those in the mail this week and to try them on my handsome little man.
We watched the Tigers roll over the Vol's at Steph's house Saturday night. The food was awesome- Turkey Chilli, hotdogs and dip galore- YUM! Good food and family make the best weekends in my opinion. Thanks Steph for a wonderful evening. War Eagle!
2 comments:
yeah Rachel, that is usually how I spend my weekends, so I have to make myself clean. Though I think if I can just maintain now, it won't actually take an entire weekend again. We'll see. Now I feel like I am coming down with something, and I am guessing it's because I worked myself too hard. But it sure feels great to have a clean house:)
Thanks for the shout out! :)
Love the mums--those flowers are mums, right? I usually put some on our front porch every fall also, but haven't done it yet. I put out my scarecrow, and fall decor, but my goal tomorrow is painting pumpkins and buying mums for the planters. Never ending to-do list!
Post a Comment