Mark and I in front of the church where his parents were married and he was christened
I got so excited when I saw this sign!!
We are back! For those of you who don't know, we spent the weekend in N.W. Indiana, just outside of Chicago. Mark's family is from there, and he and his brother and sister sent most their childhood up North. His cousin got married on Saturday, so eight of us (including Wyatt) piled into two cars and drove 10 hours north on I-65. BTW, it was FREEZING up there.
We didn't have a lot of time to sight see because of the wedding festivities, but I did get to see where Mark and his family grew up. Friday night we had the rehearsal and dinner, Saturday we had the wedding, and Sunday we had a big get together with Mark's mom's side of the family. Mark's aunt has 8 kids, and they are our age and older, so there were TONS of little kiddos running around for Wyatt to play with. He had a blast!
We knew we had officially crossed the Mason Dixon line when a gas station sign read "POP - 89 cents" they also had a recieving line and a head table at the reception- and get this- NO Groom's cake! Can you believe it? The food was awesome though- and watching everyone Polka was very interesting :).
Wyatt also enjoyed his first stay in a hotel. Both times he napped, he slept on the bed like a big boy and didn't budge. He had a lot of fun with the hotel phone as well- I think the front desk was a little tired of hearing squeals on their end- haha. He did really well on the car ride- much to my surprise there were no meltdowns. I couldn't have made through the weekend without all the help I got from our family with little guy- he was a handful to keep up with since Mark was tied up with all of his wedding duties. Thanks Aunt Steph, Uncle Joey, Uncle Kurt and Grandma and Grandpa. We had a great time!
3 comments:
you seriously look amazing! no wonder that lady in the elevator said what she said! Looks like you guys had a great time!!! give wyatt a hug from us!
Glad you made it up north : ) It really isn't too bad but it definitely was a culture shock when we first moved up here. Isn't polka funny! Scandinavian stuff is big here too...
I hope Bryce grows up thinking he's southern and not minnesotan : )
Rachel - you look beautiful! I love that dress you are wearing at the wedding!!
Post a Comment