Click Here to view Wyatt's one year pictures.
We used Erin Hollis , who is an incredibly talented photographer in the Birmingham area. I could not be more pleased with how they turned out- I also can't believe how quickly my baby is turning into a little boy. As I watched these photos dance across my computer screen last night, I could not stop the tears- my beautiful, precious son is going to be one. This year has been filled to the brim with excitement, anticipation, and gratefulness. Oh how I am overwhelmed with God's graciousness- I have been given the best gift I could ever hope for- the Lord loves me enough to entrust me with this special life-
I also realized that I have never done a post on why we chose to name our son Wyatt Lee.
Wyatt means Warrior for God. As I looked through a million baby books, trying to pick out a name... this jumped out at me. If I could pick one desire, or one hope for my child, it would be that he be a warrior for Christ. That no matter who he was with, or where he was, he would fight to further the Kingdom. My hope beyond all hope is that I can instill a love for the Lord in his little heart- and that yes, we all make mistakes- Lord knows I am in need of God's grace and mercy every day, but it is through HIS grace that we are saved. I pray that God would equip me to raise my son to be a man of integrity with a heart for Him.
...Also, Mark happened to LOVE the fact that the name Wyatt has a Wild West connotation. If you know my husband, he is a cowboy at heart :)
Lee is my Dad's middle name, as well as my brother's middle name- so I wanted to keep the tradition going by keeping it as a family name- he is the third generation of "Lee". Also, I am very close with my dad, and I am so proud of him. He is retired from the U.S. Air Force, and is a Vietnam War Veteran. He was a fighter pilot in Vietnam, and flew 337 missions- just to give you something to compare this with- the average missions a pilot completed in Vietnam was 25. He is a patriot, and loves this country dearly. I wanted to pass name along to my son, so that one day, I can explain to him the passion that his grandfather had for flying, and what an incredible pilot he was.
We love you Wyatt, and we are so excited for what God has in store for you!
No comments:
Post a Comment