I am SO so pumped- Mark and I are off to San Diego for an ENTIRE week in November. We have been planning our trip for while now, but I didn't want to say anything until it was official. I didn't want to begin the dreams of sea lions and 75 degree sunsets until I was for sure it was going to happen.
Today, I cannot contain my excitement. My husband and I have booked a six night, seven day second honeymoon to San Diego. Okay, maybe not a second honeymoon, because the trip does include a 2.5-day conference for me, and deep sea fishing excursion to extract an article out of Mark- but hey, that leaves us FOUR - count 'em- FOUR days to ourselves on the California coastline. The flight has been booked, the hotel reserved... and the grandparents have agreed to take on a pint-sized pumpkin for an entire week. On top of that- they even sacraficed some frequent flyer miles for Mark's flight - (THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!) I am so thrilled I could cry.
We will be staying at Marriott San Diego Hotel and Marina- let me just tell you, this is not your typical Motel 6. Complete with feather beds and marble counter tops. I am already feeling that comfy, oversized robe right now.
To top it off- we leave on my 27th Birthday- hmmm.... can you picture the birthday dinner I'm going to have?!
What a great time we are going to have, and what an investment in our marriage. These days, it's not easy to get away- but it is so important, and completely worth it.
I am off to daydream about my waterfront view...
4 comments:
sounds fabulous, Rachel. How exciting!
YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That sounds like a WONDERFUL second honeymoon!
You will have a great time! It's a wonderful city with great weather and lots to do. I would live there if it wasn't so far away from family. Can't wait to hear about your trip!
Sounds like you and Mark will have a great time. Can't wait to hear all about it in November!
Post a Comment