I love this little pumpkin to death, but I simply cannot wrap my brain around having another. Last night, as I drove home at 7:00 at night, thinking about missing his bed time, and feeling so exhausted I could barely even keep my eyes open, I couldn't help but wish I could be super woman. How great would it be to have more than two hands as well as to magically be in multiple places at one time? As a working mom, I am expected to be in the office 40 hours a week, network after hours, join professional organizations, support my alma mater, volunteer in the community and at church... all the while managing grocery lists, checkbook registers, bills and the house...oh and let's not forget spending quality time with my husband and my child. I know that every mom feels these strains and demands from husbands, children and bosses, but I have felt so drained lately - the vacation helped, but it seemed to only be a Band-aid. (It also doesn't help that I have an hour long commute to work each way)
I began to think about a recurring theme that seems to be popping up in both SS and in my bible study. A few weeks ago in one of our lessons, Beth Moore discussed the need for women to "cut back" or "prune" those branches that are dead, so that they can begin to bear fruit again.
I feel as if I am doing a million things, but none of which I am doing well. I feel that God is trying to speak to me, since this topic has come up more than once in my life. Something has got to give- or maybe some THINGS have got to give- I do believe it is time for cutbacks all the way around. Because after all, isn't this what life is all about?

2 comments:
I know exactly what you mean!
How is it possible to cut back on necessities? You gotta work, you have to eat, you have to spend time with your kids, you see what I'm getting at?? Life as a FTWM is HARD!!! You will always feel like this and it doesn't get better! Get used to it!
Post a Comment