Thursday, April 16, 2009

Month 9 Update

Wyatt had his 9-month pediatrician visit yesterday, and he is doing great! He is weighing in at 22.1 pounds, and is 28 inches long. His head is 18 inches around. He is in the 75th percentile for weight and 50th for length. His head is in the 65th percentile- so he is a shorter, chunkier baby! Dr. Jolly made me feel so good about how he is developing. I have been very concerned about his lack of crawling, especially since he struggled with the tortacolis for awhile. But, he is pulling up by himself, and the doctor said this is a great sign. He is very strong, and will probably skip over crawling completely- it is only a matter of time before he is cruising all over the place. His hand-eye coordination is great, as he is clapping, waving and feeding himself. He also says syllables now such as "ma-ma" "da-da" and "ba-ba" (bottle or bye-bye... we aren't sure:)

I also am taking a more relaxed approach with the dreaded sippy cup- we are trying a straw since that was suggested, and we will keep giving him milk in it, and see where that goes. I was told not to force anything, because that will make him resist the cup even more (same with crawling) so I am going to let my little boy develop at his own pace and not worry about it as much... (or try not too!)

Wyatt is such a happy baby, and an awesome sleeper! My mom-friends say it is great that he goes to bed at 6:30- 7:00 without a peep and doesn't wake up until 12 hours later. I have nothing to compare it to, but I am grateful that he sleeps so well.

Wyatt is such a blessing from God, and we love him so much. His smile and laugh are the best part of our day- Mark and I are so excited about the plans God has for this special and precious child.

I can't believe that his birthday is around the corner... my goodness, where did this year go?

No comments: