Monday, April 13, 2009

He is Risen!

What a wonderful, wonderful Easter. I am sad to say that I don't have my pictures downloaded yet, but they are coming. Mark took all of our pictures this year with his professional camera, and I don't have the slightest clue how to download them- and he is out of town this week, so I will have to wait on them. Let me just say that Wyatt looked like a little angel- and we have a completely different baby on our hands now that the tooth has popped through. He was a fussy little monkey last week, but now he is back to his old self.

I have so much to report on, I am not even sure where to start- except with what is most important- the celebration of Christ's death and resurrection so that we might have eternal life. Amazing... now that I am a mom, the realization of the sacrafices that were made on my behalf are all that much more apparent. I can't imagine giving up my only son to further the Kingdom of Christ- yet God did, so that I wouldn't have to- it gives me goosebumps. I can't express the joy I felt yesterday, celebrating this with my family.

The Easter baskets and bunnies are of course completely secondary. I did, however throughly enjoy watching Wyatt tear into his basket filled with goodies that I have been collecting. He was so excited and dumped all of the contents all over the floor. The smile on his face was carried over to Grandma's house when he got his float and swimmer diapers- he is all set for the pool that opens next month. Of course Steph and Joey got in on the action and showered him with new clothes and Gerber snacks- Wyatt really appreciates all of his new gifts!

We enjoyed good food, family and some beautiful sunshine. Thank you Lord for all of your blessings. Life is so much more abundant with a baby to celebrate with.

Please keep Mark in your prayers this week, as he is traveling to an obscure area in Arkansas for a turkey hunt (this is for work, not for fun... but I am sure he will be enjoying himself thoroughly:) Anyways, of course I always worry while he is gone, so please pray that God bring him home safely.

Happy Easter Everyone!

1 comment:

Allyson said...

Ok, Late Happy Easter!
I just did a little blog catch up and saw that you wrote me! Ill talk to Lori but zoo day may definitely work. Ill let yall know!
The girls got a little bored last time because they had to stay in the stroller and then they couldnt see. I may try the stroller the zoo offers and I can let them out every now and then (maybe) :) Thanks for thinking of me!

I hope all is great with you!