I just realized that I forgot to post all the "new" things W is doing these days. I need to get these things down in his baby book, but for now, getting them on the blog will do.
Wyatt can sit up on his own for quite a long time (20 minutes or so) until he gets tired or tries to reach for something just outside of his grasp- he then will slide down on his back again. when he sits up, we put pillows all around him for this reason. His newest trick is blowing on his tongue- he LOVES this (Mark calls it his "tooting" noises- ahh those little boys learn so young) and he can also form syllables- mostly he likes the M's- I think he is trying to say mama :) He is quite the talker- both Mark and I talked very early on, so I expect W will too. He also laughs hysterically alot- especially if Mark makes funny faces, or if he sees the dog- he is very tickilish too!
I haven't seen evidence of a tooth yet, but he is drooling like crazy, so I am thinking that it won't be long now. I have to keep a bib on him almost all the time- his clothes get drenched!
He still is not a big fan of tummy time, and anytime I put him on his tummy he rolls over immediately. He does not roll very often from his back to stomach- but I have seen him do it a few times. He doesn't like to be help as much as he used to, and is a little wiggle worm these days. He is still sleeping through the night, but we have just stopped swaddling him, so actually getting him to go to sleep has been tough. We will rock him for awhile, he will be dead asleep, but as soon as we lay him down, he starts wailing. The past couple of nights we have had to let him cry for a few minutes, and then we start all over again- this is all very tiring, but we love him so much. The favorite moment of the day is going into his room in the morning and seeing his sweet face smiling up at me!
1 comment:
I'm just catching up on your blog...I know we've never met, but I enjoy reading it. Jake doesn't like Tummy time either, he is just figuring out how to roll over to his back, but when he can't get it he gets so mad! Also, on the swaddling thing, Jake loves to be in blankets/swaddled, but he kicks out of swaddling and then wakes up. We got a sleep sack thing that's like a vest/sleeping bag blanket. It seems to work really well at keeping warm, but not swaddled.
Post a Comment