Sunday, December 21, 2008

A funny poem that describes my married life...


'Twas the night before deer season :
'Twas the night before deer season, and inside our house, I was laid up in bed, listening to my spouse. The camo displayed, the tree stands nearby; I just shook my head and kept pondering, "Why?"The season is long, I'd better prepare. Ninety days of washing Mark's long underwear. Shotgun and shells gleaming, ready to fire; At least he's prepared, it's down to the wire. My hubby was nestled, all snug in his bed,while visions of deer flew about in his head.

I in my robe, and Mark in his boots, he explained that it isn't that loud when he shoots. Then out on the driveway, there arose such a clatter; we dashed to the window to see what was the matter. I flipped on the lights and what did I see? It was Kurt, pulling up with his ATV.

Giddy and happy and delighted were they; Oh the deer they would hunt! Tomorrow's the day! Swapping high fives and loading the truck, they dreamed of shooting that great big buck.

Tomorrow at 4:00, I'll arise with my man,to feed him some breakfast and tell him my plan.
"While you're away, some shopping I might do. All for me and NONE for you!"

No comments: