Friday, November 14, 2008

Lazy Friday

Today is my day off this week, it is rainy outside... the house is clean and Wyatt is down for a nap. These are the kind of days off that I live for. First off, rainy days off are great because I don't have to fight the traffic on 65, and Wyatt sleeps later in the mornings and takes more naps. The rain always makes him sleepy, and when the house is clean, the laundry is done, folded and put away, I can just relax on the couch with some Lifetime. What a concept! I love being all tucked away on days like these. Yes, I need to get to the grocery store in a very bad way, but my list is done and we are eating leftovers tonight, so I don't have to go to the store until Mark is home this evening to watch Wyatt. YAY! A trip to the store by myself. It is so funny the types of things you look forward to after you have a baby :)

Last night I cleaned and did laundry in high hopes that I would get to have a lazy day... I thank the Lord for all the small blessings in life!

3 comments:

LB said...

that sounds like a perfect day!! Do you always get Friday off? Or does it switch up every week? Are you glad that you decided to do that, or does it make the rest of your days super long?

Anyway...I am having a similar day, though I really need to clean!! I didn't get the house cleaned last night:)

Rachel said...

I usually take Fridays off, but it depends on what I have going on that week- if I have something pertinent at work, then i will take a Monday off. Either way, it's a 3-day weekend! it does make for a very long, stressful rest of the week... but it is totally worth it to have 3 days to get everything done at home... I would lose my sanity otherwise :) p.s. Wyatt has been sleeping for 3 hours!! I love long naps!

Kathy said...

Wow! 3 hours! I can't wait for long naps! :) Will takes cat naps for about 20 minutes...doesn't leave much time for chores! He's still working on his "sleeping through the night" deal. He is now only waking up once a night, which is so much better than before! It would be great to get him to sleep for a solid 8 hours - one step at a time I guess :).