For those moms out there who remember what it is like to get around with a lap baby, you will really appreciate this. When you have a tiny one who cannot hold their head up, and you are pretty much forced to lug around a bulky pumpkin seat with a 12-pound baby in it, carting a baby in and out of the car can be a huge chore. One chore that I dread. So, that being said, since I am the one who drops Wyatt off in the morning, and I have to wind up a sidewalk, get in an elevator and go down a hall, I have basically given in to using the HUGE travel system- (which I love)except for the fact that it takes up my ENTIRE trunk and is cumbersome to get in and out, but atleast my arm doesn't feel like it is going to fall off after I get Wyatt to daycare. HOWEVER, it is so difficult to steer the thing in and out of doors- and actually opening a door and pushing the stroller through with one hand is virtually impossible.
It amazes me how many people will ignore a young mom struggling to get in and out of buildings and to finagle their way through doorways. They will watch you struggle but offer no assistance, or are simply too consumed with themsleves that they don't even notice that you are huffing and puffing with diaper bags, a purse, a stroller, a heavy door not to mention a baby. I looked like a donkey saddled with seven different things this morning. So anyways, this older gentleman ,(NOTICE THE WORD GENTLEMAN) was talking on his cell phone early this morning and actually stopped what he was doing when he saw me. He told the caller to hold on, said "good morning," smiled, and opened the door for me to wheel Wyatt right in. I was absolutely flabbergasted. It was all I could do to just get a thank you out of my mouth. It was such a small thing for someone to do, but it made a HUGE impact on my morning, my day, heck even my week. To all of those sweet, kind people out there who hold doors for moms with babies, THANK YOU!! You have no idea how much it means to us.
I can't tell you how excited I will be when the day comes that I can just pull Wyatt out of his convertible car seat and carry him into places without having to haul a pumpkin seat and a huge stroller!!!
1 comment:
I totally know what you mean! It is nice to just carry in the baby but most of the time I have to deal with the stroller anyway :)
I work at UAB. We should do lunch one day! U never know when I can get lunch, but I never know what my schedule is.
You live in Calera? Shoot we should just do lunch sometime anyway, if we are ever off work on the same day :)
Post a Comment