Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Stubborn Baby
So much for my anticipations that I was going to be like other women who had their babies two weeks early, or even a week early. I just assumed that I would get to 38 weeks, be slightly uncomfortable, and then the baby would pop right out. No such luck. Wyatt is not going anywhere, anytime soon. I haven't had so much as an actual contraction, and I haven't dialated one bit since 35 weeks. I told the doctor I was feeling nervous because I haven't felt him move very much, and he got very concerned about that- but his heart rate is still great, so he told me to count his movements tonight, and if he hasn't moved 6 times in one hour to come in again in the morning. I have felt him since lunch, so I am not quite as nervous about it. Next week at my week 39 appointment, Dr. Hudson is going to talk to me about scheduling an induction... of course I would rather have him on my own, but Lord he is taking forever, and I am not making any progress. Today is better than yesterday, but I am still achy and uncomfortable, and it is getting very hard for me to walk from my office to the hospital when I need do anything for work over there. I know walking is supposed to help, but that is the last thing I feel like doing- my ankles just throb constantly. One lady at the office today said to enjoy this time because I will miss being pregnant. I don't think that is even possible!! I would much rather be holding my little precious 7-pound baby boy, than carrying around 7 pounds in front of me!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
you sound like me when I was pregnant. I was miserable, and yes, actually having a baby is in many ways harder than just being pregnant, but I am still thankful to not be pregnant. I just didn't enjoy it. Well, I enjoyed it second trimester, but did not enjoy third trimester. Anyway, hang in there. It is so close to being over, and then the real fun begins;) It is the best feeling in the world when you are in the delivery room, the doctor has cleaned you and the baby up, you can eat and drink and relax without a human being inside of you. You get to rest and hold your baby and it's great!
also...go online, google all the natural ways to induce and try them. I really think they work.
you need to walk FAST. Go to the mall and POWER WALK. I'm serious. I know you don't feel like it, but it will give you contractions and help you to get further along and closer to labor. I'm talking the huffing and puffing type of walking! That's the best thing you can do right now.
I am glad I am not the only woman out there that did enjoy the whole pregnancy thing... I don't feel like there is anything pretty about it towards the end- I am researching natural ways to induce labor and I am trying them- even the ones that include Mark... haha :)
I have heard from many sources that this worked: have sex! Yes it is the LAST thing you feel like doing but there is scientific reasoning behind it. :)
Hang in there!! I know it is hard but he will be here so soon!!!!
Post a Comment