First of all, Thank you to the troops for all they do to keep this country safe- they are true heroes, and their bravery and determination is an example to us all.
What a weekend! Mark and I went to Smith Lake with Chris, Sharon, Martha & Ross (Chris' parents) and Ryan and Lily. We had such a great time boating, jet skiing, eating and enjoying the company. It has been awhile since I didn't feel like I was missing out on something because of this pregnancy, and this weekend I was able to do everything I wanted... it was great!
The kids are growing up so fast... Ryan just had his kindergarten graduation and Lily will be 4 in September- they are as adorable as ever.
We headed back to Birmingham on Sunday afternoon, and went to Joey's house for a family cookout- again the food was fabulous and plentiful... I ate so much this weekend! We had a great time talking about upcoming weddings and the baby shower...
I am so excited my first shower is this weekend! yay! It will be good to be in Atlanta and to see my mom and dad, as well as old friends.
Yesterday afternoon, I laid out at the neighborhood pool with Steph, trying to get a little sun... and boy did I! I kept reapplying the sunscreen, to no avail- my legs are the most burnt they have ever been. Absolutely Fried. Very Painful. I am trying all kinds of remedies right now, but not much is working. I hope they are not peeling this weekend when I wear the new dress my mom got me! Other than the burn, we had a great time relaxing, while Mark and Joey canoed the Cahaba.
After cooking myself at the pool, I headed to Walmart for some much needed Aloe Vera and the weeks worth of groceries- I had popsicles and Milk as well as other cold things when I discovered the flat tire. I was so exhausted from waiting in line for 25 minutes, I couldn't wait to get home, and when I saw that tire, I just started bawling. I tried Mark's phone over and over to no avail, and called everyone else nearby I could think of before I started scanning the parking lot for a guy, any guy who could change a tire. Meanwhile, everything was melting in the hot car. Finally, I got a hol of my father-in-law who instructed me to try the auto care center, and ask them to change the flat... (brilliant, why didn't I think of that?!? oh yes, maybe because of my 8-month pregnant emotional state!!)
Anyways, they helped me- not in any kind of hurry of course- but an hour later, after hauling my groceries back through WalMart, I was on my way. I was furious with Mark for being unreachable, only because it could have been more serious than a flat tire. With only 6 more weeks to go, I think he should have his cell phone glued to his butt on the loudest ring possible- and I think from now on he will- especially after the lecture he got from me last night.
Well, the long weekend is over and I am back at work- oh well atleast I only have 3.5 more days left!
1 comment:
Glad you had a good Memorial day weekend! But sorry about the flat tire! I had a moment where I could not get a hold of Matt around the time where he needed to be sitting by the phone (in my opinion) and I was furious too, so I understand. And it is the 8 month pregnancy state that makes you forget things. Sadly, it does not get better FYI. Glad you got it taken care of though! I had a flat tire story that I blogged about. Read "oh what a day, and thank goodness for great neighbors" posted in March. :)
Post a Comment