Sunday, December 9, 2012

Polar Express

One of the best things about the town we live in is that we have a real train depot. As far as I know, there is only one like it in the state- and it is literally 10 minutes from our house. We have taken Wyatt many times, and they have fun activities year round for the kiddos. Thomas the Train comes every spring and during the fall the entire family can take a train ride to the local pumpkin patch.

For one reason or another, we have never participated in the Polar Express at Christmastime- until last week. This was one of the BEST experiences we have ever had with Wyatt and Delaney. Their little faces literally lit up when we boarded. Between the live acoustic music in our train car, getting to wear their PJ's, visiting with Santa and being served with cookies and milk- these two were in seventh heaven. I just love this age- everything is starting to click and it is all so magical.







I know as moms, we all kill ourselves trying to make the holidays special for our kids. In the end it is completely worth it. I would do it 100 times over just to see the precious look on my little guys face as he soaks up Christmas and the wonder of it all ...

No comments: