 |
| The reveal cake |
 |
| Team "I can't commit to a decision" or Team Neutral :) |
 |
| Team Blue |
 |
| Team Pink |
 |
| Can't wait to cut this cake! |
 |
| Getting in position... |
 |
| Here we go! |
 |
| IT'S A GIRL!!!!!! |
 |
| The hidden ultrasound picture... my husband knows me so well :) |
 |
| Proving to my daddy, that YES it really is a girl... see those three lines?! |
I have waited a week to post our baby reveal photos because everything has been a complete whirlwind and I had so much to say that I couldn't form the words to say it. So I will just start from the beginning. Mark and I really wanted our announcement to be special, so special in fact, that we decided to wait an entire 12 hours after the ultrasound was completed to find out with our family the sex of the baby.
This is very, very difficult for someone who is a planner. An OCD planner who can't stand to wait-one-more-minute-to-blow-dry-my-hair-let-alone-find-out-if-our-second-child-is-a-boy-or-a-girl.
We did it though, and looking back, I am so glad! The tech sealed the pictures, didn't breathe a word to anyone other than the lady making the cake and 12 hours later, we were grinning at pink icing and Wyatt was covering his ears because all the screaming was, in his words, "too loud!"
It still seems surreal. I have dreamed of having a girl my entire life. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my little man and all that comes with having a sweet, sweaty and wildly mischievous boy. However, I cannot WAIT to buy pink clothes, smocked dresses, take my daughter to get her first pedicure or pick out her first American Girl doll. I am counting down the days until I get to see my manly-man husband melt all over the floor. I am not going to lie-- having the opportunity to dress my child anyway I please with little to no backlash is an added bonus :).
Baby girl, you are loved beyond imagination. Your big brother is dying to meet you (has already tried to name you either parrot or flower- you can thank me later for squashing his selections) and we are discussing who you might look like and cherishing your every movement. In only four short months, you will be here and we cannot wait ...
"
Praise be to God for his unspeakable gift..."
1 comment:
YAY!!! ;)
Post a Comment