Monday, January 31, 2011

Gasparilla 2011






Most.fun.girls.trip.ever. That's all I have to say about that :) Well, and it will take me a week to recover. I am so grateful that I have such a wonderful friend- even though she lives so far away, when we are together its as if no time has passed at all. Shannon will be my friend for life, and these kinds of weekends where I can take a small respite from the daily grind make me appreciate my husband and little boy all that much more. Taking a weekend off every now and then makes me a better momma - and where better to do it than sunny, beautiful Florida?

I had a wonderful surprise when I returned home... my sweet husband and son picked out some beautiful roses, cleaned the house, did all of the laundry and Mark had gone to the grocery store. He even made a little menu for me to order my dinner off of- and then he cooked it to perfection!
Can we say husband of the year?! This girl is blessed beyond measure. It is so good to be home!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

That menu is just about one of the cutest things I've seen!

Trista Brom said...

I LOVE the menu! Mark really outdid himself (and all the other husbands) this time! Very impressive - I can see why you gave him brownie points! :)