Admist horrible tragedy in our community, my father who has been laid off, a wonderful friend going through a tough time - I can still feel God's hand in the middle of it all. It is as if he is whispering in my ear I have a plan, just trust in me, and all will be restored.. keep praying, keep praying, keep praying.
So I am. And, I am thanking God for my blessings and trying not to get caught up in complaining about little annoyances. I pray that even if bad things happen, if the needs seem too great during this time of the year- that God will grant me the peace to know that everything happens for a reason. I pray for the right words to speak, for the wisdom to know when I am needed or when I should step aside. I pray that God might use me for His glory- that I might be a blessing to others. I pray that I do not get in the way, but that I might be a vessel for His Kingdom.
During this Christmas season, as we prepare to celebrate Jesus' birth- my prayer is that the Lord will quiet my heart and my mind to focus on that which is of greatest importance- My Emmanuel. God is with us! Rejoice!
2 comments:
What happened?! Sorry to hear about your Dad's job... that's never easy.
Good to hear Wyatt's better!!!! And, no, I'm not sure it could get much sweeter :).
I didn't realize your dad lost his job-- hope everything is going ok with your family...
Post a Comment