Monday, July 27, 2009

The Monday Post... grab a snack- it's a long one :)

Hungry Fella...
Kellie, the mom-to-be!




The diaper cake I made for the shower- this was the first one I have made- I thought it turned out pretty cute- what do you think?
Wyatt and I before Anna's party


The Olis clan has been partying down this weekend! We have had a fun couple of days- Saturday was Anna's second birthday party. Anna is my friend Heidi's little girl, and we enjoyed seeing several of our friends from church at her party. The Ramey's had rented a big blow-up bouncy castle for the occasion, and Wyatt experienced this for the first time. He loved it! Mark got in with him and held his hands and bounced with him and little guy thought it was great. The only time he freaked out was when we tried to get him to go down the slide. For some reason he hates slides- I am sure one day this will change.

I wish I had a picture of the birthday girl, but I forgot to take one. She was such a cutie pie with her big pink birthday dress on- I know if I ever have a girl, I would want her to be just as prissy as little Anna! She even loves cleaning - a girl after my own heart :) She was showing off her broom and vacuum cleaner during the party - I love it!

On Sunday, our Sunday School class hosted a surprise baby shower for our dear friends Kellie and Jason. They are expecting their first child, Ethan, in September. I love surprise showers- especially baby showers. Kellie is such a doll, and one of the sweetest people I know. She is going to be an awesome momma. Mark and I have really enjoyed getting to know this sweet couple over the past year, and it was such a joy to be able to celebrate them. Kellie was so surprised when they walked in that she teared up. I remember not too long ago when our sweet church friends surprised us, and how much it meant to Mark and I. We were overjoyed to help pull it off for another unsuspecting couple :)

Lori and Johnny hosted the shower at their house, and the food was amazing. Johnny smoked a brisket all day. It was delicious. Our class never gets together without eating -In my book, food and fellowship is a great combination!

Wyatt was quite the ham at the party. He was on his best behavior, and was charming everybody. At one point he stood up in the middle of the room and took off walking! The little show-off ;)

After we got home last night and crawled into bed, we began to hear loud, blood-curdling screams coming from Wyatt's room. He hasn't woken up in the middle of the night in ages so it scared the daylights out of me. Mark and I raced into his room to realize that he wasn't even awake. Poor little guy was having a night terror. I picked him up very gently and he immediately calmed right down and went back to sleep in my arms. Mark put him back down a few minutes later, and he was fine the rest of the night. I am curious if any other mom's have ever experienced this? What are you supposed to do when this happens?










5 comments:

Amanda Moore said...

Most kids go through the night terrors... I know Savannah has and still is.. last night we had 2 out breaks! I have read that you should not wake them during these... we always just give Savannah her blankies(moving them closer to her) and she snuggles with them and calms down. Poor little Wyatt.

He is such a cutie pie!!! He was so happy and wonderful at my house on Sat then was a perfect gentleman at the shower yest!

The Ramey's said...

Anna has night terrors sometimes. It is scary for you, but I bet they don't even remember. What in the world could they even be scared about?

Unknown said...

Hi Rachel! Oh the night terrors. Marissa didn't have them, however Frankie did. I asked the doctor about it. She explained that they could be dreaming about a toy stolen from them. And if I know Frankie, he does not like to have his toys taken away! :~) She told me the same to not wake him. He has a dinosaur that he sleeps with every night, so we just put "Dino" back in his arms.

Amy said...

never had that...

Rachel @ daily dunmore said...

Looks like Kellie was pretty surprised! Ya'll are so sweet!