Thursday, May 28, 2009

Behavior Modification? WHAT?!

Wyatt got his first "bad conduct" letter at daycare yesterday. Yes, my son, at all of 10 months- was sent home with a letter from the 'headmaster' stating that we needed to be working on his behavior at home in order to modify it at school. Apparently, he is "disruptive" to the other babies because he has been pretty fussy at school the past two days. Well, EXCUSE ME. My child has not been in daycare for the past week because she decided to close for vacation, thus he is slightly off schedule right now. Not only that, but we have been at the beach for 5 days, where he was the only baby... and received alot of attention.
If you have been reading this blog for awhile, you know that I am a "cry-it-out" mom- Wyatt does not get put down for naps or for the night asleep- he always puts himself to sleep, whether he cries a little bit or not. I also try not to pick him up every time he fusses- and I am sorry, but Wyatt is a VERY laid back child. He is not in the least bit high-maintence. We do not spoil him, but I also should not have to defend my parenting either- if I want to pick him up, I will pick him up. Period. I am not going to have someone else telling me how to take care of my baby.

I have been tossing around a few ideas with Mark, but now I am seriously considering another form of child care in the fall- there is a wonderful preschool program that starts at 12 months very close to Mark's work that is available for 3 full days a week. It is a Christian curriculum-based program and pretty affordable. It might require some juggling the other two days, but I honestly feel in my heart that this is what is best for him. I have never quite been comfortable with where he is now- and his well-being is my top priority.

Please pray that we make the best decisions for our family right now, and that the Lord will open doors for us.

3 comments:

The Ramey's said...

You need to do what you feel in your heart is best. I think this is all way out of line on their part. Whoever heard of behavior modification for a 10-month old. It will all work out in the end.

Unknown said...

David ALWAYS has a hard time the first couple days back to day care after being gone for a while. The teachers tell us, 'he's had a fussy day, but this is totally normal when they return from being gone so don't worry about it', etc..
I am thinking he needs to be somewhere that has more accountability other than just one person at home. Her letter to you was certainly not appropriate in this situation, furthermore, even if he were just a fussy baby, at that age there is really not much you could or should even do about it.

Kathy said...

r.i.d.i.c.u.l.o.u.s.

and that's what I have to say about that!