What has happened to the American dream of working hard, pulling yourself up from your bootstraps, and NOT expecting the government to wipe your butt for you? COME ON PEOPLE!!
During a campaign event in Ohio, Obama was peppered with questions from a local plumber who asked, "Your new tax plan is going to tax me more, isn't it?" The plumber was complaining (as I often do) that he is "being taxed more and more for fulfilling the American dream."
Obama's response? He gave the plumber a classic dose of socialism:
"It's not that I want to punish your success. I just want to make sure that everybody who is behind you, that they've got a chance for success too," Obama responded. "My attitude is that if the economy's good for folks from the bottom up, it's gonna be good for everybody ... I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody."
Spread the wealth around? This is America, isn't it? Redistributing the "wealth" is a classic tenet of Marxist philosophy. Communist China, the former Soviet Union, Cuba, and so on.... they all believe in government ownership of basically everything. Hard work, initiative, expertise... none of that is rewarded. Instead, the efforts of the talented and the hard-working are taken from them and given to those who don't work as hard. The result is a decrease in productivity, not to mention the self-fulfillment that comes from being rewarded for a job well done. And this is exactly what Barack Obama wants to do!
2 comments:
I do not know your income. However, from the comment you left on my blog, and this particular blog post, I am guessing you most likely have a higher income than the average American citizen does. In addition, you most likely come from money. Its people like you that make me extra grateful that Obama won the election. I know, I understand that everyone is entitled to his or her opinions. That is one of the beautiful things about our country. Another beautiful thing is that we (well, most of us) are ready for a change in the way things have been going for the last 8 years. United we stand, divided we fall. The idea of this is to love our fellow Americans and to help one another out. Not everyone can afford an education from Auburn. In fact, there are many families with parents who never had the opportunity to go to college. Therefore, they work the service jobs that one like you would typically hire someone to do. They do these jobs because they were not afforded the education and lifestyle that you were and they want to do better for their children. Please tell me why that it is wrong, and why we as a nation, should not come together to help. Why we shouldn't come together to make the playing field level for those who are making an honest living and want to give their children the opportunities that you have. They work just as hard as you do; if not even harder. Our country is based on the concept of all people being equal. But when the upper class is so far above the lower to middle class, there is no equality. I hope that you or your family never have to experience eating your dinner at a food shelter, getting groceries at the local food bank, becoming gravely ill because you didn’t have insurance to go see the doctor, living in a tent because you cannot afford the deposit for a studio apartment, or taking the bus on a 2 hour ride for a 10 minute drive because you only make minimum wage and cannot afford a car. I hope that you continue to live your plush life with your perfect family in your house that is not modest, drive your fancy car, carry your expensive handbag, and think you are helping others because you hired an immigrant to trim your bushes and weed your garden. Because that is the American dream. Thank God for the “help.”
I will leave you with this:
“Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”
That's a great comment!
Post a Comment