Tuesday, October 21, 2008
So there's this casserole...
That sounds fantastic in theory and I thought I would try it out this week... It is called Bruschetta Chicken Bake and I saw it on a blog somewhere... anyways, it is from kraftfoods.com, if anyone would like to take a stab at it. I pretty much ruined it last night. The recipe calls for Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix, and for some reason I was absolutely blind when I was grocery shopping and missed that ingredient completely. So I had everything ready to go last night, except for the darn stuffing mix. Mark had already come home, and neither one of us were going out again. So, what was a girl to do? Substitute... surely there had to be something I could use in place of the darned stuffing mix... AH HA!!! I had a half-empty bag of tostitos... that should work.. it's all carbs right? So I crush them up and throw them in there. Well 30 mintues later, my casserole was baked, and I just knew I had pulled off some Martha Stewart creation. Not so fast- It was DISGUSTING. It tasted like mushy corn and tomatoes. Even my husband, who eats virtually anything, said he would prefer me not to make it again. And... he wouldn't even take the leftovers for lunch. I have a feeling it will be Sadie's dinner tonight... let's see if she will even touch it- Word to the wise... use the right ingredients for this one!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment