Sunday, August 3, 2008

Wyatt: Week 3





Well this week has been interesting- Wyatt is more and more alert every day, which means less naptimes and less things that I can get done around the house during the day, especially with me being on my own for the first time since he was born. It was hard for me to adjust to being by myself with just the baby to interact with. I found myself needing to get out of the house with Wyatt, and we were both happier on our little adventures, even though it is so hot outside, and I would break out into a sweat getting him in and out of the car. I do miss being at work and having that adult interaction throughout the day, but I love being with my son as well, although he is proving to be quite the handful. Mark and I are still exhausted and just when we thought we were getting our little man on a schedule of one middle of the night feeding, he woke up every two hours last night. It was very tiring. I am just hoping that we can get it under control before I go back to work in a month. Whoever said that the first 6 weeks were tough, they were right! We love our little Wyatt to pieces though- as you can see, he is loving his bouncy seat!

3 comments:

LB said...

Rachel, by the end of my first week alone with Ada I was dying for someone to come back and help me. It does get easier, I promise. Every week things will get easier. Or at first they may not, they may get harder, but one day you will wake up and feel slightly normal again, I promise!! And I get cabin fever every single day of my life. Oh my gosh. We go to Target almost everyday. I really think the workers recognize us.

Amy said...

Is your mom back to help? I see her in the pic :) We are so excited about visiting this weekend!

Rachel said...

Nope- the picture with my mom was actually from last week- I wish she was back though! Being on my own with him is such hard work.. I am looking forward to the day when things seem slightly back to normal!